Week of October 2, 2017
7th Grade parents,
- Coming home in the communication envelope this week is picture order forms. Picture day/time for seventh grade is Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 11:45. Students can wear their uniforms or “church” attire outfits.
- Remember it is not too late to sign up for the Orange Ruler fundraiser, sign up at http://orangeruler.com/
- This Thursday from 6-8 pm, at Seattle Lutheran High School is the showing of the movie Angst a documentary that is breaking the stigma around Anxiety. It is free and open to the community. Recommended for parents and students ages 12 and up.
- A reminder to be sure to be checking Chalkable with your child. For my literacy class I did hand out a missing work form for anyone who was receiving a grade lower than 70%. They should be talking directly to their teachers about any questions on assignments or tests. Get those weekly reading logs turned in!!
Week of September 25, 2017
“Jumping to Conclusions”, “Intent verses Impact” and “What did you hear me say.” These were the topics of our class meeting this past week. The students had chances to experience these concepts and we will continue to talk and roll play these type of situations.
- Student council speeches and votes are tomorrow (9/27) right after chapel, we have John, McKenzie and James all running in our class- Good Luck!
- Fall Olympics is this Friday, students will meet with their teams tomorrow. Come to school on Friday dressed in your team colors- it will be a fun day!
- It’s not to early to be thinking about H.S. A flyer is coming home today with upcoming open houses.
- PTH meeting on Wednesday Oct. 4th at 6:00, this is a great opportunity to meet other families and get involved in activities.
- Picture day is Oct. 9th- see flyer in communication envelope
I hope to see everyone tonight (9/19) at 7:00 for our curriculum night, we will all meet in the church.
- Parent login information to our new grading/homework portal.
- Pizza and Burrito lunch form that needs to be returned by Wednesday, Sept. 27.
- Picture Day is coming up on Oct. 9-see form to order
- Orange Ruler Info.
- AND last but not least, this will be the last week to sell those Chinook books, please plan on either returning your book or $ this Friday 9/22.
As we ended our first week I asked the students what the best part of their week was, the majority answered, “seeing my friends”. It’s been so great to see them catching up, hanging out and reconnecting.Week 2 is underway and believe it or not, we have already had students out because of sickness, boo hoo! A cold has defiantly hit us so I got the hand sanitizer out, but please make sure that everyone is getting plenty of rest and covering coughs etc. If your child does miss school, please make sure they are talking to their teachers to find out about missing work. In my class, there is a tray that the students can find any handouts, notes etc. that they might have missed. It is their responsibility to get these and talk to me if they need clarification on what they need to do.
Chalkable– this is the online system that we are using this year to post homework and grades. The students will be receiving training on how to access their homework and grades this week. I think they will find it user friendly, but please be sure to ask questions when they come up.
A few reminders:
- I-Pad contracts are being sent home today, please read and sign. I-Pad will be sent home once these contracts are signed and returned.
- Chinook books should be sold or returned by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22.
Save the Date, Upcoming events:
- October 4, PTH meeting 6:00 p.m.
- October 5, Seattle Lutheran High School will be sharing the movie Angst. This film looks at anxiety, its causes and effects and what we can do about it.This is open to the community and recommended for ages 10 and up.
- It’s not to early to be thinking about High School, as open houses are shared with us, I will be sure to send them out to you. There will be an Open House for Seattle Lutheran High School, Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Make it a SUPER week.
Welcome to 7th grade. I pray that your summer was full of rest and that you are all ready to ease back into the school year.