Please join us on May 6th for the final PTH Assembly Meeting of the 2014-15 School Year. Topics of discussion to include: new board members, tentative budget for 2015-16, the biennial auction, PIP opportunities, and more! Plus, you will earn PIP hours for attending. Complimentary childcare will be provided!
When: Wednesday, May 6th, 5:30 p.m. Dessert Social (bring a dessert to share), 6 p.m. Meeting
Where: Hope Commons
Seeking Parents and Teachers of Hope (PTH) Board for Next School Year
The Treasurer and Secretary have completed their terms on the board. As such, PTH is looking to fill some board positions for next school year. There are also at least three member-at-large positions available. We have all truly enjoyed our time on the board. It has been a great way to get to know other parents better, learn more about the inner workings of Hope, and feel good about providing support to students, parents, and teachers. You also earn PIP hours for serving on the board.
We will all be available to train new board members and for questions throughout the year. There is just one meeting a month, three of which are General PTH meetings. Being a board officer will fulfill all of your PIP hours for the year. Members-at-large generally earn up to 15 hours of their annual PIP by being on the board. We are a small-budget PTH, so the board jobs are very manageable. The auction is a separate committee from the board.
Please contact one of us if you are interested and/or would like more info about the positions.
Secretary: Wendy Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Sarah Nicol, email@example.com
Vice Pres.: Sonjia Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Beth Grotelueschen, email@example.com
PIP Opportunities Abound!
Grandparent’s Day – Wednesday, May 13
- Email Carol Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sonjia Barker at email@example.com for more information.
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Need 5 volunteers for food prep and delivering to classrooms
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.-ish – Need 1 more volunteer to greet
- 8:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Need 2-3 volunteers to monitor the coffee stations on each floor
- 11 a.m. until it is finished – Need 4 volunteers to assist with clean-up in the classrooms and elsewhere
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Need 2 volunteers to assist with Book Fair- open for Grandparents
- 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.– Need 2 volunteers to assist with Book Fair- open for Grandparents and preschool families
- Sign up by visiting SignUpGenius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4faaa92bab9-grandparents Auction Committee
- Do you have any hidden (or even not so hidden) talents? What resources can you donate? Be a part of THE most important biennial fundraiser that funds the majority of the PTH budget for 2 years. The success of the auction depends largely on the careful planning and talents of those that want to give back to Hope.
Hope is forming the Auction Committee for the March 19, 2016 Roaring 20’s auction. Email Outgoing PTH Treasurer Sarah Nichol at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hope PTH Vice President Sonjia Barker at email@example.com to join. Many preparations must begin within the next few months.
We are seeking volunteers to:
- Co-chair the Auction Committee
- Procurement Team
- Auction Catalog Coordinator
- Auction Advertising Coordinator
- Table Captain Coordinator
- Dessert Coordinator
- Class Project Coordinator
- General Volunteer
Do you feel like a task may be too much to tackle alone? Bring a friend! We have had tremendous success with having two people co-chair. If you have a desire to help, email today!