Seventh- and eighth-graders have the option to participate in the East Coast trip every other year. Dates, costs, and a sample itinerary are given to students at the beginning of their sixth or seventh grade year. Detailed information and plans for fundraising to defray some of the expenses are planned in the spring and fall. Sites such as the Washington Monument, the White House, Arlington Cemetery, Mt. Vernon, and the Vietnam Memorial are just a few of the amazing places students experience during their trip.
To learn more about this special trip, please see the FAQs updated June 2019
Trip Update (6/4/19):
Worldstrides will be leading the trip in 2021. If you missed the parent meeting June 4th, below is some basic information covered. More information regarding the trip will be emailed to parents as it becomes available.
Notes from Parent meeting (6/4/19):
We had a great meeting last night about our 2021 East Coast trip to Washington D.C., Gettysburg and New York. I wanted to send along some information to you about what we covered at the meeting.
- It’s only a small initial $49 deposit to sign up. Then the remaining amount is spread out over the months leading up to the trip. The deadline to register and save $150 is on or before June 13th.
- Use Trip ID 177711 to sign up through one of three easy ways: online at worldstrides.com/signup, by phone at 800-468-5899, or by mail by completing the registration form included in your student invitation.
- Be sure to use promo code WS2021Trip when signing up to receive your discounted trip price by June 13th.
WorldStrides provides many helpful options to help you pay for your trip. Check these out:
- FLAG financial assistance where over $2 million in assistance is given out each year to qualifying families
- Gift of Education Fundraising program which includes E-Cards and shareable Facebook Links
- Payment plans may also be available. Call WorldStrides Customer Service to learn more at 800-468-5899
I’ll also send out a separate email regarding Hope fundraising opportunities.
I encourage you to take a look at this video – it shows just how much fun and how impactful these trips are for students.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to leading a fun and educational program for your child!
Also feel free to contact our WorldStrides Representative Marisa Poole directly with any questions at 877-452-7424 or email her at email@example.com
Principal, Hope Lutheran School
Upcoming Events – 2019
Fundraising Proposal Form
If you have a fundraiser that you feel would be a good fit for the Washington D.C. enrichment program, please fill out this form and submit to the school office. All fundraisers MUST be approved first by the Principal. Please allow at least 30 days for approval.
Proceeds benefit the Hope Lutheran Middle School Washington D.C. enrichment program.