Current PIP Opportunities:
Don’t forget to check out SignUpGenius for PIP Opportunities! PTH has many of volunteer needs throughout the school year! Just go to www.signupgenius.com and search by email@example.com to see where you can volunteer!
- Lunch Room Parent – Call school office for hours needed
It’s a great way to connect with kids mid-day, see the lunch room in all its fun and flurry, and it’s a short weekly (or biweekly) commitment..
- Recess Parent – Call school office for hours needed.
If you can help, please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 935-8500.
What is ‘PIP?”
“PIP,” or “Parent Involvement Program” is a program of parent volunteer hours. The Principal and PIP Committee administer this program, which has been a blessing to our school. The purpose of the program is:
- To foster closer identification of all families with the school through parent involvement.
- To capitalize on the values of working together and getting to know each other.
- To tap community, parent, and family resources in order to enrich the school program.
- To support and encourage teachers.
- To provide real assistance to the school coupled with monetary savings.
Program guidelines are as follows:
- Each family with children in grades K-8 is required to contribute (30) thirty volunteer hours per year (per family, not per child). Single parent families are required to contribute (15) fifteen hours.
- The program year runs from June 1st through May 31st of each year in order to allow time for any shortfall in required hours to be billed and paid before the end of the school year. Hours must be worked before May 31st to be credited toward the current school year, and hours worked after June 1st will be credited to the following school year.
- Unfulfilled hours at the end of the program year will be billed at $30 each, based on ¼ hour increments.
- Statements showing hours volunteered and the remaining balance of unfulfilled hours will be sent home at the end of each school quarter.
- Parents have the option of paying off their PIP balance at any time during the year. Once paid, amounts will not be refunded.
Volunteer or “PIP” hours:
- May be worked in many ways, including working on fundraisers, helping teachers in the classroom, chaperoning field trips, working in the school office and maintaining the school grounds.
- Are to be recorded on the PIP forms found inside the school office or electronically via Gradelink. Log into your account and click on Service Hours tab. Hours should be submitted by the 10th of the following month to receive credit and should be rounded to the nearest ¼ hour.
- May be worked by parents, grandparents or other extended family. Volunteer hours worked by students of Hope may not be counted as PIP hours.
- May not be fulfilled by working on fundraisers that benefit a limited group of students (i.e. Washington D.C. trip, Cheerleading and Dance/Drill fundraisers).
- May not be fulfilled by working on any preschool activities.
- Will be credited by (1) one hour for each month that a family purchases $200 or more of Scrip. There is a twelve (12) hour maximum per family per school year for these credits.
- Are automatically fulfilled in full each year for any person serving on the PTH Board for a complete two-year term in the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
- May not be exchanged for tangible goods or donations to the school (as this would negate the purpose of the program).
A sample listing of the many ways in which families can fulfill their volunteer hours can be found in the PTH Handbook or you may click here. Additionally, PIP opportunities are regularly advertised in the school newsletter and website.