The Purpose of PTH:
- Provides and supports activities which enhance the spiritual, social and academic experience of our students, families and educators.
- Provides support to the teachers, staff, and school board, both through volunteerism and financially.
- Serves as the primary fundraising entity of Hope Lutheran School by which an annual budget is created and adhered to.
- PTH has an executive board of officers, who are elected by the general PTH assembly. The Executive Board meets monthly and works with the principal, school administration, faculty and various sub-committees to oversee and direct the activities of the PTH.
There are numerous PTH opportunities for you to get involved in and earn your PIP hours (Parent Involvement Program) at the same time. Examples include: Arts Programs, Athletics Program (fundraising excluded), Campus Maintenance, Classroom Assistance, School and PTH Fundraisers, Library, PTH Program (attend meetings, Room parent, board positions), School Functions and Special Talents/Skills.
To see a detailed list of the school activities that count toward PIP hours, click here.
To fund our extensive programming we have several fundraisers throughout each year.
Hope’s PTH takes pride not only in the students and their achievements, but their ability to balance the PTH budget which is based on our success at the various fundraisers they sponsor throughout the year. PTH regularly sponsors the following fundraising activities and your participation in these fundraisers is critical to the success of the PTH in funding programs and projects for the school and for our children.
The Soaring Eagle Fun Run is a PTH budget fundraiser to replace the Orange Ruler fun run fundraiser. Our goal is to self-produce the fun run so that we retain all funds collected minus credit card processing fees. Parents will ask for donations from family and friends via our RSA software or via the school website. Donations would be purchased as “ribbons” i.e.: Yellow Ribbon = $20.00, Blue Ribbon = $25.00 and so on up to $100.00.
Classes will be updated on their progress daily by the Eagle mascot The class in daily first place will also host a large inflatable eagle in the classroom. Prizes will be awarded to the three classed which raise the most funds.
We are also planning the 60th Anniversary Auction, Fall Family Dance, Middle School Dance, and other events. Volunteering at these and other events can count towards you PIP hours. Look for information in your weekly envelopes, emails from Room Parents and at PTH meetings.
School Auction – March 7, 2020
The auction is our largest fundraiser! We welcome any all help with this big event in everything from set up to decorations to procurement. And, it is also a great way to accumulate your PIP hours for the year. Please contact the PTH President Heather Leaman, to find out more information about this event: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program, Projects and Events Funded by PTH
Hope PTH works in partnership with the school to fund many of the programs that extend our children’s learning beyond the classroom and allow kids to explore their strengths, develop new skills and enrich their lives.
To do this we fundraise every year. The fundraisers PTH sponsor throughout each year are vitally important to our vibrant school. Your participation is critical to the success of the PTH in funding programs, resources and services that will enrich and maximize the education of every child and to benefit our school.
Our annual fundraising budget for regular PTH programs and events is $40,000.00. Additional funds for enhancements like the new playground or Science Foss Kits happen via our Bi-Annual Auction.
The PTH funds the following (annually unless noted otherwise):
- After School Athletic Program
- Back to School Night and BBQ
- Bank Charges
- Back to School Breakfast – Boohoo/Yahoo Social;
- Childcare for Events
- Class Parties – Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and End of Year
- Classroom Enhancements as selected by the teachers
- Classroom maintenance and upgrades
- Classroom parties
- Coaching Stipends
- Donuts with Dad
- Eight Grade Reception
- End of Year School Trip (Enchanted Park-Wild Waves)
- ESC Program
- Extra classroom supplies
- Faculty Recognition/celebration
- Fall Family Frolic
- Family Movie Night
- Graduation Award
- Grandparent’s Day
- Gym Donations (for use of other schools’ gyms during the school year)
- E.S.T. Enhancements (Lutheran Elementary Schools Tournament)
- Middle School Electives: Glee, Robotics, Strategic Board Games, STEM Lego and Yearbook
- Mid-Winter Middle School Dance
- Muffins with Mom
- Music Program, including choir and hand bells
- National Lutheran School Week
- Pacific Science Center Van (every other year)
- Parent Education Talks
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education (K-8)
- Reading Incentives
- School Administration support
- School Bus Gas
- School Bus Support Maintenance/ license tabs
- School Enrichment Program
- School Office Expenses
- School Reach program
- School Technology fees (computers)
- Emergency kits
- Student Planners
- Teacher Appreciation
- Teacher Classroom Enhancements: PK3 through 8th Grade
- Teacher Educational Development
- Teacher Stipend
- Teacher’s Appreciation Week
- Teachers’ Retreats
- Technology enhancements
- Technology Lab (1-8)
- West Seattle Parade
- Year End Reading Incentive