Olyweus Bullying Prevention Program
Hope Lutheran School has incorporated the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program as a whole-school program aimed at preventing, or reducing bullying. Even with a school’s best efforts, bullying can affect the safety and well-being of the entire student population. In order to stop bullying, it needs to be addressed at every level of a student’s experience.
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is designed to improve peer relations and make school a safer, more positive place for students to learn and develop.
Goals of the program include:
- Reducing existing bullying problems among students
- Preventing new bullying problems
- Achieving better peer relations at school
Hope school actively supports and promotes four rules in dealing with bullying:
- We will not bully others
- We will try to help students who are bullied
- We will try to include students who are left out
- If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school and an adult at home