2020 Summer Camp Announcement: Hope preschool and school age summer camp registration will be online and open May 18th. Parents will be able to sign up for multiple camps by the week, fill out forms and pay camp fees all online.
Registration Open May 18th
2020 Camp Dates:
June 22nd-26th – Art Week
June 29th – July 2nd – Sports Week (4-day week)
July 6th-10th – Science Week
July 13th-17th – Animal Week
July 20th – 24th – Drama/Music Week
Summer Camp General Information – Updated Covid19 Response as of 6/24/2020
Featuring fun weekly themes, Hope Summer Camp will be a blast! Hope campers will be placed on a team of up to nine other campers, with one teacher. Here are some other guidelines we are putting in place to ensure the safety of campers, staff, and families:
- Siblings will be placed on the same team
- Each team will be run separately from other teams to follow social distancing best practices
- Campers will have individualized sensory materials
- Each team will have their own entrance and bathroom
- Manipulatives will be sanitized and/or rotated
- Campers will experience frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing
- All Summer Campers will be required to wear face masks as of June 26, 2020 per Governor Inslsee
Summer Camp 2020 Protocols (please read) – Updated June 24, 2020
Summer Camp 2020 Protocols Rev June 24
Summer Camp Refunds
Thank you for signing up for summer camp at Hope! During this COVID-19 season, we recognize that summer camp attendance can be more fluid than usual. Here is Hope’s summer camp 2020 refund policy:
- All summer camp cancelled by Hope: If Hope has to cancel the entire summer camp prior to start date of June 22, 2020 due to dept of health/state/federal mandate – Hope will refund registration fee plus tuition less $20 per week processing fee
- Family cancels summer camp: If families cancel for any reason(change of plans, illness, etc.) and notifies director Christina Figgins by Thursday of the prior week – Hope will refund the tuition except for the $20 processing fee per week (we do not refund $30 registration fee)
- Quarantine: If Hope is required to close down a class due to quarantine of a student/teacher or a student has to quarantine – families are responsible for full tuition for that current week when quarantine begins, and Hope will refund future week/weeks tuition as needed for full tuition less $20 per week processing fee (we do not refund $30 registration fee)
Summer Camp FAQ
Registrations will be processed on a first come, first serve basis through our online registration system. We anticipate full sessions, so it is to your advantage to get your registration form in sooner rather than later.
If you need to make changes to your child’s registration after you have submitted the registration form, you need to provide written notice to the summer camp staff, at least two weeks in advance. If we are able to accommodate your change, we will let you know verbally or in writing.
Tuition is due July 1st and a 25% deposit is due upon registration. The $30 registration fee per child. A late fee of $20 will be assessed for payments not made by the due date, and continued lack of payment will result in dis-enrollment for the student.
We will serve a morning and afternoon snack each day. Please send your child to camp with a hearty lunch as we have active days planned. This should include some type of sandwich or other main course along with fruit or vegetables, crackers, and 1 or 2 juice or water drinks. Please do not pack candy or soda pop. We are unfortunately not able to heat or cook items, and please send an ice pack in your child’s lunch if it needs refrigeration. NO NUTS.
Please send your child to camp each day with a lunch, sunscreen (you can leave it at school), and weather-appropriate clothing. Please no flip flops; tennis shoes or sandals with backs are preferred for our active days. Finally, remember to bring a smile. ☺
Your child may bring an electronic toy or Legos/action figures to camp. You may send your child with a book or magazine if they wish, but please do not send your child with any other personal toys to camp. Blankets or stuffed animals may be sent with children in the Preschool program for nap time only.
Please either send sunscreen for your child, or select the option online which gives the teaching staff permission to apply sunscreen to your child. Per Washington State law, the sunscreen form MUST BE FILLED OUT in order for your child to use sunscreen during the program.
On your scheduled day, you may send your child to summer camp with a bike, skateboard, or scooter. Participation is optional. Children MUST have a helmet, or they will not be allowed to participate.
Weather permitting, each week we will have a water day, which could include sprinklers, bubbles, and other water play. Please send your child to school in a swimsuit or other clothes that they can get wet, and send along a dry set of clothes to change in to.
Please remember to sign your child in and out each day. Please know that we will not be able to release your child to anyone who is not on your emergency information, so please be sure to list anyone who will pick up your child this summer, and remind them to bring their ID.
Our core activities usually happen between 9:30-2:30, so please be sure that your child is here during those times. Also watch the departure times on field trips closely. If you have questions, just ask one of the teachers.
If your child requires a car seat or booster seat, you must send one to school each day that a field trip is scheduled. For older children, due to the frequency of field trips, some parents may choose to provide an extra booster seat to leave at school all summer.
Between 8:00 – 9:30 AM and 3:30-4:00 PM, we will be located in the church Fellowship Hall. Please drop off your children via the alley door across from the lower parking lot. At all other times of day, signs will be posted to show where the group is located.