Tuition assistance funds are available to help families with financial need. Tuition assistance grants are awarded based on availability of funds and on recommendation from the National Association of Independent School (NAIS), our tuition management firm, which processes applications and determines qualifying need via application. Applications must be submitted to NAIS for each school year as grants are not renewed automatically. Applications are available through the school office and must be submitted to NAIS no later than April 30th to be assured consideration for the 2020–2021 school year. Applicant information is kept strictly confidential.
Processing is completed online with NAIS at: www.sssbynais.org/parents. Parents may apply for tuition assistance through NAIS after they have finished the application process for Hope Lutheran School and their child has been accepted for admission. For additional assistance, please contact the school office at 206-935-8500 or call NAIS directly at 800-344-8328.
Applying for financial aid at Hope School for the 2020–2021 academic year:
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. The first step is completing SSS Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Completing the PFS online will save you both time and money but if you are unable to do so, contact our school for a paper form.
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete so don’t wait until the deadline to begin. You’ll need your most recent tax return to complete. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget. We will communicate our financial aid decision to you.
How to Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) Online
- Go to www.sssbynais.org/parents.
- Click on the green “Apply Now” button to enter the PFS Online.
- If this is the first time you’ve applied via the PFS Online, you’ll need to create an account with your email address and a password.
- If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for the academic year. Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to on-screen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to finish.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $51 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- Approximately 24 hours after you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
How to Submit Additional Required Documents Online
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection from your pdfs.
- Go to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the academic year 2020–21 button.
- From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the “Manage Documents” tab.
- On the Manage Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the place the document is on your computer.
- Click “Upload Documents.” Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the “Received Documents” section on this page. It can take up to 48 hours for it to be received and then validated.
- ***Do not upload password-protected documents because they cannot be processed in the system.***
- Tax documents go through an additional verification process that may take up to 72 hours to complete.
- We will not have access to your documents until they appear in the “Received Documents” section of the PFS Online.
If you wish to complete the PFS by mail, send to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: School and Student Services use: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021. If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at 800-344-8328 with any questions.
You will need the following information:
|Our school’s full name:||Hope Lutheran School|
|Our school’s SSS code:||179833|
|Contact information for our financial aid office:||Shari Wallace 206-935-8500 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Due date for completing the PFS:||04/30/2020|
|Due date for submitting additional documents (see below):||04/30/2020|
Documents we require you to submit, in addition to the PFS:
- 2017-1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ
- 2017-W2 Form