Welcome Back BBQ Thursday, August 27th!
Join us for a fun evening with your school community. The evening will begin in the lowers/fellowship hall with a big BBQ at 5:30 PM – please bring a salad, side dish or a dessert to share (in a disposable container) according to the first letter of your family’s last name: A-H: Salad, I-P: Side dish or Appetizer and Q-Z: Dessert. Then around 6:40 PM, we will make the transition to self-guided tours of the classrooms. We can’t wait to see everyone!
Hot Lunch Program
Hope is pleased to again offer NEST Hot Lunch by Café Stellina Catering. Locally sourced and organic lunches will be provided on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning Wednesday, September 9. Hot lunch is available to all K-8 students as well as full day preschool students, at a cost of $4.75 per day, orderable and payable on a month-to-month basis. The registration form is on NEST’s website here. You may fill it out and scan/email it back to them or send it via snail mail and feel free to contact them with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, they are looking for someone to serve lunch here at Hope, an ideal job for a stay at home parent. You may contact Teri at the above address for more information.
Important Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
As we get ready to kick off our new school year, please take some time to review our drop off and pick up procedures, as the goal is to keep this process running smoothly and to keep our kids safe! Please review these procedures with anyone who may drop off or pick up your child. Preschool families will have additional information available from your teacher. If you have any questions please contact your child’s teacher or ask us in the office. Thank you for your attention to this!
Drop Off Guidelines:
- Students may be dropped off in front of the school no earlier than 8:10 AM, as we do not have a staff person available to supervise students before that. If you need childcare before 8:10 AM, please use our extended care program or carpool with another family.
- When dropping off your child in front of the school on 42nd, please pull forward as far as possible and drop off quickly. If you need to enter the school for any reason, please do not leave your car in front but park somewhere else. You may park before school in our lowers parking lot entered through the alley or use street parking or use the lot kiddy corner from the school to the south on 42nd Ave.
Pick Up Guidelines:
- Cars outside the school on 42nd should pull as far forward as possible to keep traffic moving
- Do not leave your car unattended out front of the school on 42nd at pick up time.
- When waiting on 42nd Ave in front of the school, drivers please pay attention so that you can pull forward as soon as another car leaves.
- Please do not double park outside the front of the school and ask your child to come to your car across the line of parked cars – this is very dangerous.
If you are parked in another parking lot, please use crosswalks as you approach the school and ask that your child use crosswalks as well.
This year, we will continue offering lunch down in our fellowship hall, with the times shifting slightly. We need lunchtime volunteers to help from 11:40 -12:45 in the fellowship hall, with a need for one person to come a little early to be sure everything is set up, and one person to stay a little later to finish cleaning up. We are also looking for recess volunteers to serve from 11:25-11:40 with the K-2 age group, and then from 12:25-1:05 with our grade 3-5 and middle school age groups. Volunteers can do all different age groups or split it up to do just one or the other.
To sign up, please contact Mrs. Wallace in the school office at email@example.com or (206) 935-8500.
Door Access System
We are thankful to have our door access system to improve the safety of our campus. The front door will be unlocked during drop off and pick up times. Our preschool and Extended School Care families will be issued a PIN code to provide them a more convenient way to access the building during program hours. Returning families PIN codes will remain the same and will be activated on September 2nd. Our new PS and ESC families will be issued PIN codes on August 27th also effective starting September 2nd. If you have questions about the system, you may contact the school office at 206-935-8500.
School Uniform Drive
We have gently used uniforms that have been donated to the school and church. These are available to all families and will be located in the school hall through September 11th. Please feel free to take what you need and/or to donate items your children no longer use. Please call the school office at 206-935-8500 with any questions.
PIP Volunteer Opportunities
Office Help – I am still in need of some help in the office next week. Please contact Shari Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available in the afternoons.
Welcome Back Night – Help is still needed for our Back to School Event on August 27th. Please visit our website here if you are able to volunteer/